Bluefish Swim Meets
1. Pioneer Valley Swim League 2021/2022 - All meets are "virtual"; there is no traveling, all teams swim at their home pool and report results the following Sunday to the opposing team and league.
Nov. 6 v. Belchertown (postponed)
Nov. 13 v. Ludlow
Nov. 20 v. Chicopee
Dec. 4 v. East Longmeadow
Dec. 11 v. Monson
Dec. 18 v. Palmer
Jan. 8 v. Agawam
Jan. 15 v. Belchertown, make-up (Tentative)
PVSL Champs - Mount Holyoke or Central H.S. (Jan. 22nd & 23rd)
(weather back-up 1/29-1/30)
N.E. Mid-Regionals - typically 1st or 2nd Saturday in March. The Mid-Regionals is an event the Bluefish has been participating in for many years and has been our most treasured meet-related tradition.
2. All swimmers are asked to attend as many meets - A lot of time and energy are invested into planning and organizing meets, and it is very discouraging when swimmers decide not to show. It also shows opposing teams that our commitment is lacking, and they may wish to not compete against us in the future. We know that meets can be long, but please honor everyone’s efforts by attending and staying to the completion of each one. There is also PVSL rules that requires a swimmer attend a minimum number of meets to be eligible for the league championship, so please make effort.
3. We will place you in events that we feel you are ready for, and, where you would be aiding the team effort - Don’t feel discouraged if you’re placed in an event in which you have little or no experience; challenges make us better swimmers.
4. We encourage carpooling as often as necessary - We will be distributing a list of names and phone numbers of all the swimmers at the beginning of the season for you to coordinate carpooling needs.
NEW 2021/2022 PVSL RULES
- Still 2 timers per lane for meets but up to team
- Kids can do 4 events per meet 2 relays and 2 individual
- 3 official swimmers per event for every meet and team
- Relays - 10 and under, 11-12, 13-14, Open Relay for the relays this year. 15-18 Relay will be open with a co-ed relay.
- 7 Meets this year and 3 required for champs
- Date/Location/Format for Champs will be determined Saturday, December 4.
DIRECTIONS TO PVSL POOLS:
Agawam Piranhas - Agawam Junior High School
Take Route 91 south to Rte. 5 exit. Go over the South End Bridge and exit as soon as you cross over the bridge. Follow Rte. 57 signs around rotary. Go west on 57 to the end. Take a right. At 2nd set of lights take a right. School entrance is across the street from Stop & Shop Pool is in the back of the school.
Belchertown Stingrays - Chestnut Hill Middle School
Take Memorial Drive (Rt. 33) into South Hadley at Intersection of Rt. 202 and Rt. 33 take a right onto Rt. 202. Continue on Rt. 202 thru South Hadley and Granby until you enter Belchertown. Continue on Rt. 202 in Belchertown, Chestnut Hill School will be on your right.
Longmeadow Aquatic Club
Chicopee - Chicopee High School, 820 Front Street
Take I-91 South to Exit 12. Merge onto I-391 N toward Chicopee. Take exit 2 to merge onto MA-116 N/Center St. tward Chicopee Ctr. Turn right onto Front St. Chicopee High School is at 820 Front Street.(There are 2 High Schools Chicopee High and Chicopee Comp) Parking is in the back of the school by the football field and the entrance we use to get to the pool is the one in back of the school as well. The pool entrance is right in that hallway.
East Longmeadow Marlins - East Longmeadow High School
Take 91 South to Longmeadow Exit (exit 1)
Proceed straight through one set of lights (Picknelly Field is on your left) and at the next set of lights take a left onto Converse St. Proceed straight till the end and take a right at the stop sign onto Dwight Road. Take an immediate left at the next set of lights (Maple Street). Continue straight and HS is on the right hand side.
Please note: E. Longmeadow has a separate, outdoor venue for the Summer Swim League.
Longmeadow Aquatic Club - Longmeadow High School
Address: 95 Grassy Gutter Rd, Longmeadow, MA From 91 South - Exit 1 –Forest Park/Longmeadow At 5th light take a left onto Bliss Road. Go straight thru first light. Take fourth right onto Williams Street parking lot entrance is immediately on your left.
Ludlow Sea Lions - Randall’s Boys & Girls Club
Take Massachusetts Turnpike (Rte. 90) east to exit 7 Ludlow. After toll booth go to light and take right onto Center Street. Go to next light and take a right onto Chapin Street. At next light take left onto Sportsman Road. Follow the road about ½ mile. Boys and Girls club will be on your left
Monson - Quarry Hill School ( 43 Margaret Street, Monson, MA 01057)
Take Massachusetts Turnpike (Route 90) East to exit 8 (Palmer-Ware). Go through tollbooth at light take left (Thorndike Street). Turn left onto Park Street and right onto Stone Street turn left onto South Main Street (@ 3 miles), turn right onto Thompson Street and right onto Margaret Street.
Palmer Stripers - Palmer High School
Take Massachusetts Turnpike (Route 90) east to Exit 8 (Palmer-Ware). Go through tollbooth, at light take left. Go straight thru light at Big Y. At next light take a left onto High Street. At Junction Variety bear left. At stop sign take a left. At next stop sign take a left. When you turn left the entrance will be immediately on your left.
South Hadley Swords - Michael E. Smith Middle School
Take Memorial Drive (Rt. 33) go past South Hadley Big Y. Go straight through light at Intersection (Rt. 33 and Rt. 202). Go to next set of lights and take a right onto Newton Street (Rt. 16N). At 2nd light take right onto Mosier Street. Michael E. Smith Middle School will be on your left.
Springfield Sharks Swim Club - High School of Science & Technology (1250 State St., Spfld. 01109)
Parking and the entrance to the pool are located in the rear of the building off of Gaucher Street (which can be reached via either State Street or Roosevelt Avenue). The entrance to the pool area is a set of 2 glass double doors.
West Springfield Torpedos -West Springfield High School (Sady Pool)
From Rt. 91-exit 13B (Riverdale St-Rte 5) Continue South on Route 5 (Riverdale Road) in West Springfield, go to light, take right onto Morgan Rd. Continue on Morgan Rd to your 2nd light (Piper Rd) and take a left. The High School is about 1/2 mile down on the right side. Parking and pool entrance are on the right side of the building.
Westfield Rapids - Westfield Boys & Girls Club
Take Massachusetts Turnpike West to Exit 3. After going thru Toll Booth take a right at the light. Proceed down the hill to light. Continue straight, go past McDonald’s. You will go over a green bridge. Continue straight through downtown to rotary. At rotary go straight onto Broad Street past the fire station on your left. Go thru the next light (post office will be on your right). Entrance to the Boys and Girls Club is after the post office on your right, behind Amelia Park Skating Rink.